Monday, December 25, 2006
Self propelled... though not road worthy.
As you see here, the top half of the engine is now back in the Fiat. Unfortunately I didn't take this picture before I started running the engine. Almost immediately after getting it running it started spewing oil all over what had been meticulously cleaned cast aluminum. It was a lot shinier half an hour before this picture. That will teach me. Somehow a crack developed in my valve cover. I am thinking JB weld or gluing gasket material over the crack along with stop drilling the ends of the cracks.
I also moved the car to a different spot in the parking lot so that all of the other people in my apartment will know that this car is not completely immobile.