Translate

Sunday, March 18, 2007

One of the more bad ass aircraft...

I am a huge fan of this aircraft. This was the first time I got to see it up close. I have seen them at the bell factory, and hovering out in the distance in NM. I have even flown the sim... now I have touched the actual aircraft, "From the inside!"



What is that out in the distance? It looks like two airborne windmills mating.

Look at that sexy belly!!!




I know the pilot... I am sure that he is telling the co. how much he sucks right now.

And as is alays the joke, "The Air Force buys a lot of new aircraft, but all thier crews get a ride out of the bone yard in a huey..."

I would have liked to take more pictures of the inside, but I didn't know what was off limits. The cocockpit has a very open view of the outside. The panel itself was very clean with only a few screens and backup guages. I will say that there are a lot of blank pannels just waiting for things to be added. Probably the biggest short-coming of this aircraft is that you can't roll down the window and stick your elbow out.

5 comments:

amateur.sophist said...

wait a minute- haven't those things killed more pilots per aircraft than like, any other production airframe?

Notorious said...

Well... the F-100 got a lot in the 50's and 60's. The F-16 even had a few bugs in the begining too.

But to answer your question more simply, yes. That was before though. I am good friends with the guy that checks them out for the air force from the bell factory. He was here his last assignment. I am sure that he wouldn't let any bad ones through!

amateur.sophist said...

huh.

I'm sure everything is better now.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I'm sure they'll all be flown by remote control soon enough. In time, the critical threshhold will be reached. That's when the real inovation will begin.

Notorious said...

I hate remote controle aircraft!!!

No, there will be people up front as long as it's not just robots in the back...